Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Battlefield 2 Special Forces

I haven't written about videogames in a long time, and the only reason I am writing about this is to express my disgust and frustration with EA. Twice they have burned the Battlefield community. First when they shipped Battlefield back in June, it could hardly be called a finished game. It was still full of bugs that caused constant crashes back to desktop, horrid collision detection and varied balancing issues. Ok no big deal they release a patch to fix it. Well the first patch caused more problems then it fixed. Then EA sent out a mass apology saying they were sorry and the issues were unacceptable. Apology excepted just make sure it doesn't happen again. Well, EA you did it again. You shipped a half finished expansion pack to your number one selling game. After I installed it, it didn't work? No message to tell me why, I would have to go to the boards to see what was a miss. A quick search and I would need to install a 280 MB patch just to be able to play. To download this patch if you went through EA.com would take THREE HOURS! I went over to file planet and managed to get it in about 45 minutes. Alright I was ready to play......well not quite. Do to the patch limited servers were updated. Upon gaining access to a server, it was like I was having deja vu, my game kept crashing back to desktop! I tried several times to play with varying and strange effects in the game. It was more frustration then fun trying to get it to run stable. GRRRRR upon returning to the boards to see what this was all about, there was already word that another patch was on the way!

Its just so frustrating. How can a major game publisher like EA release a product that's not finished. I paid good money for this game and you have me jumping through hoops trying to play it. I mean its insane to have a patch waiting the day the game is made available. I'll tell you why they can get away with it, they realize there audience is addicted to there product like crack and they'll do anything to play it! Still I am fed up with this, so if you'll excuse me, I have to go and see If I can get this game to work properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home