Friday, December 31, 2004

Ringing In The New Year

Well when the Ball drops at Times Square and millions of couples kiss, and the first baby of the year is born I will be bringing in the new year at Lone Star! For the first time I will actually have to work. Not really looking forward to this, but new Years celebrations tend to loose their importance and charm when you don't drink. I have always gone somewhere or done something cool to bring in the new year, but with the recent drifting between my friends and I. They all made their own plans, not including my sober ass. I could meet up with some of my friends after work, but what's the point of going and meeting them at 1 AM Jan 1st if their all going to be shit faced and ready to pass out. Besides looking into New years celebrations there doesn't seem to be anything to do that doesn't involve drinking besides sitting at home playing CS! All the places my friends are going involve package deals at hotels that you pay for the all night free bar and a hotel room. Well what if you don't drink? Well your shit out of luck! I ask my self, if in our society we're all supposed to drink responsibly, why are business' so geared towards getting you fucked up? All you can drink only $50.00, great well I better get my moneys worth, so I'll drink myself into oblivion! I haven't herd of one place saying come ring in the new year with sobriety and dignity! No its all about getting drunk and hooking up with somebody else. Not that I have a problem with that but, my new found self does. In the past, getting drunk was the easy part, but hooking up....never could seal the deal in that area. So what do I have to look forward to when the clock strikes midnight tonight, being sober, alone, and at work. Sounds fun, rite? Now for the icing on the cake, what I have to look forward to when I come home. My Dad shit faced and on one of his racist rants about someone being in his parking space like the two previous years. Hopefully by the time I get home he'll be passed out, but some how I don't foresee this happening .

Now that I'm done ranting, onto my New Years resolutions
  1. Get a new Job. I think I have made this resolution for the past 5 years, but can't seem to remember.
  2. Move out of my parent's house. If I have a new Job I should beable to afford to move out on my own, in theory of course.
  3. Kill my father (Im joking.......ya thats rite....its a joke..No need to alert the authorities just yet.......I mean.....Its a joke....ya ya thats the ticket just a joke)
  4. Quite smoking and all that other mumbo jumbo people tell themselves about getting into shape and fit ....Healthy crap, that I won't do, and will just end up disappointing myself.
  5. Gain weight, although I don't see this happening in actuality. Most people want to loose it I want to gain it. I could see myself up to 140lbs from 125lbs.

whats the point of new years resolutions any how? I don't think I ever went through with one, unless it was going to happen anyways. I think I might have made one to quit drinking last year, but I didn't decide to do that until I was actually ready too, ie my life was turning to shit faster than milk through my digestive track and I was ready to boldly go where I had never been before, dealing with life.

Anyways ending on a happy note, happy new year every one, and try not to think about the 120,000 dead in Indonesia.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Year's resolutions are a bunch of garbage. nobody keeps them because people extend themselves to far with them. If you want to get healthy, just wake up one morning and say, "this is the day I start getting health" and then do it.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home