Thursday, November 17, 2005

Taking Care of Business

I went to the Dr today to take care of a persistent, but non serious problem that I have been putting off for quite some time. Now don't get any wrong idea's, no it wasn't a VD or STD (is that redundant?) just a minor nuisance. I've been putting it off because I don't have any insurance, and was being cheap about the whole thing. Since I've been back from my trip, I have been trying to do more things that are beneficial to my well being. It's a bit hard to feel like you got your moneys worth after visiting the Dr when all he did, was came in and say "hello, lets have a look, ahuh- yep, now take two of these twice a day and come back and see me in six weeks." The whole thing took three minutes and cost $154.

I finally had enough of the crappy mattress I try to sleep on. The other night I was stressing about stuff, which led to tossing and turning and a sleepless night. I got so frustrated over not being able to fall asleep that I decided to get up and take one of my sleep aids, when a chunk of spring came through the bed and stabbed me! I should have bought a new mattress years ago, but it was one of those things I have been putting off because I was to cheep. Its interesting how now, when I can't really afford to pay for these things that I find myself wanting to do them. I decided as long as I was going to buy a new mattress I might as well make it a good one. so I went all out and bought a Sealy Posturepedic with the pillow top. I think I owe it to myself after sleeping in some very awkward and uncomfortable positions over the past three months, that I finally get a decent surface to lay upon. I was scolded by my brother for only buying a twin size instead of a full, for the sole reason of, in case I meet some nice ladys at college that want to have a slumber party. What he fails to see is, I am a gentleman and would gladly give up my comfortable bed for the floor.

Well I could be irresponsible and go around spending all this money willy-nilly, but I am compelled to finally go out and find a place to work for the next 30 days until I move to DeKalb. This unfortunately, for what I am willing to work for, means I needed to clean up my quasi hippie looking self. Against better judgment I decided to go to the Super Cuts and let them go to town on my head.

Now only one task remains, the shaving of my mighty beard! I love this beard. I have never experienced the joys of beard-hood before. Oh well I guess I can always grow another in......50 years or if I ever decide to become a lumberjack. Still, I'll miss it. Its a shame too, because it just started to get real cold around here and the beards performance in the 15 degree chill was amazing. My face stayed warm wile the rest of me froze. See, they're good for more then just aesthetics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home