Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lab Rat

or a guinea pig, well some sort of test animal. As part of my therapy I had to go over to the student life building at NIU for counseling. They make you fill out this form and which test to see if your depressed or suicidal or have anxiety issues, must be a lot of that going around campus, because thats all the form was looking for. Once thats all done they have you meet with a preliminary advisor/counselor who goes over the paper work to see whats bothering you, and ask you all sorts of questions. She sits there and says "uh huh, oh, I can imagine, that must be difficult" in a very calm and careing voice, but to me it almost seemed standard counseling talk when talking about deep issues, just a little fake. Anyways I'm not a "high risk" and since I'm already doped up I have to wait several weeks to see anyone, because apparently there are more needy kids in front of me. Thats Ok the tough part was making myself go to this place.

So today I got a call back from the nice lady that talked to me and she had gone out of her way to set me up with some Dr over in the Psych building to be apart of some experimental program that deals specifically with my type of anxiety disorder, or they think I would be a good candidate for it. I guess the program has already started or is about to start but they are anxious to get me in to be evaluated. God bless college, never a shortage of potential case studys walking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home