Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Its Been Fun

For two weeks there it felt just like old times. My lil bro came in from Colorado for the holidays, and we immediately fell into our old roles, well he fell into his reluctantly. I would be all wacky and stupid, playing out my deranged fantasy's with my quirky sense of humor. My brother would then respond with his brand of appreciation for my antics by giving me a thorough thrashing or a powerful blow to the arm. For some odd reason the pain always keeps me coming back with an encore presentation thereby earning me yet another bop to the head or thwap to the back. As odd as our behavior together sounds I will miss our antics, and its time for me to let go of my childish ways earning myself a seat at the grownup table.

Well I guess this is it, time for the next step. Today I went to DeKalb to finalize the apartment and pick up my keys. What a great place we got, and I look forward to living in it for the next year. The maintenance men informed that the carpet is brand new (installed yesterday) and the walls had all been repainted last week. It will be odd leaving the parents house, seeing how I am so used to chaos and not having much privacy that it will be strange to actually be able to take a shower and not worry about someone (Drunktard) banging on the door. It will also be nice not having a certain someone nagging at me to do stuff her husband should be doing for her. Transversely or so they tell me, they all look forward to life without me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home