Monday, October 11, 2004

Aftermath: Clean Ups A Bitch

Now that my computer is completed (I know, you've heard enough about the computer) It was time to clean up the mess that Jon left behind. This was no easy task, because I have no idea what's important and what's garbage. I initially wanted to register all my parts while Jon assembled them, but he got a head start, by coming over last Tuesday while I was at work. I arrived home to find my computer partially built and the room in disarray. When I tried to organize stuff Jon yelled at me and told me I was screwing up his organization. OK he knows where everything is, but you can't step foot in the room. I should have known better, because this is how all his projects go, crap all over the place and you have to deal with it until hes done.

To compound my frustration, after I arrived home from work on Friday, I found my bed room in complete disarray. Jon had wiped my desk clean of my former computer and all the stuff I had on it and thrown, not placed in a box. First I didn't care because my new computer was assembled and up and running, but then I got frustrated because I was hopping Jon would show me how to take all my old files I wanted to save, off. Eh what does he care? I guess I'm being a little over critical, because he did, afterall just put my computer together. Once again Jon, Thank you, I owe you one, as long as its not your rent.

After two days of continuously playing Battlefield, It was now time to clean the mess that was left behind. I decided to first start in my little brother Andrews old room, that's where most of mess was. Digging through the rubble of boxes I came across computer part after part, that I have no idea what they were for. The most disconcerting thing I found was a pile of screws. I picked all the screws up and put them in a little ziplock baggy that was leftover. Never know when you might need those. I then took all the parts and put them in one of the left over boxes along with miscellaneous software I found laying around (I hope it was all installed). I then began sorting through the boxes and throwing away packing material. When I was done the I stacked all the boxs in the corner, and to my surprise, they reached the sealing! Ill grab a pic of that and post it tomorrow. When I finnaly got to the box that Jon had thrown all my crap from my desk in, I was a little peeved to find my recent diploma from COD bent. Oh well if it was that important to me I wouldn't have left it lieing unprotected out in the open. Then again I didnt expect Jon to rip through my shit! He pulled an Andrew.

Yah I know, this post is boring and pointless. I just couldn't fall a sleep, so I thought I would write untill I got tired. It worked.

One more thing. Every one who reads this tiny space on the internet please wish Jon and me good luck, we quit smoking today. My last vice to overcome.

Don't forget to read the post below :).





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need a fucking cigarette!! oh well... and i will come over wednesday and put all your files on a disk from the old computer. just make sure to set it up and tell me what files you want to save.
-jon

5:12 PM  
Blogger franswiggidy said...

dont worry bro its not that tough I haven't had one nor do I feel the urge, unless of course that urge is that nagging want to kill someone I always have.

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home