Monday, October 04, 2004

Cleaning House

More like cleaning my little bro Andrews old room. He's been gone for almost two months now. He headed of to the sunshine/hurricane state of Florida to live with my sister Mandy or as her husband calls her Amanda. I don't know where my sister picked up calling herself Amanda, but when my family went down for her wedding we were all surprised to hear everyone refer to her as Amanda. We all grew up calling her Mandy. Maybe it was an effort to distance herself from our family. She never much cared for us, especially me, she finds my presence to be particularly annoying. Plus that whole being thrust into the motherhood thing at a young age, when my mom was at the hospital tending to my brother Jon's Legg Perthes' disease http://www.orthoseek.com/articles/perthes.html didn't help. Andrew and Mandy get along fine from what I understand, that's probably because Andrew is her in male form, if you let his man boobs slide. Any ways, I digress.

My day started off as complete waist having slept in till 6PM. I had planed on awaking at 3Pm, to get some much needed shopping done, but as usual I got up, turned off my alarm clock and went back to sleep. You know what's great about waking up at 6Pm? Your rarely ever prepared dinner your parents are about to eat becomes your breakfest. Ok maybe its not that great when your breakfest consist of chicken fried pork with no side dishes (my dad decided to cook). I dont know what happened to my dads cooking skills but they seem to be slipping like his pickled brain. My mother who hardly ever comments badly on other peoples cooking (cooking makes my mom go crazy) said "its not as good as mine, and its tough."

Since I did't have to work today and my plans where awash (why must stores close early on Sundays), my mother was quick to employ me in somehousehold handy work. When I was drinking, this kind of thing use to drive me bonkers, but now its not so bad and I often find my self asking my mother what I can do for her in the twilight hours.

we first started with cleaning up the kitchen while the Simpsons supplied the background noise on TV. It was an episode where Homer was a masked pie superheroe. I think its time the Simpsons lays it a rest. Don't get me wrong I love the Simpsons, particularly seansons 4-8, but now it just seems like their stretching way to far for ideas. Turning off the tube lead to the usuall conversations with my mother, which is Gods plan. I tried to thwart the conversation by telling her, "is it Gods' plan for me to drive a spike through your head?" I think thats funny, but it didn't work on changing the subject. Acording to my mother, it would be. Go figure.

Next up Andrews old room, My mom wants to turn it into the study or all around media center. My rumpas room was the one prior to the plague that was the Carminimonster. Nothing really to clean in Andrews old room, just alot of finding places for all the crap he left behind. That meant alot of moving stuff from upstairs down to the dungeon. Andrew appearently left alot of his winter clothes behind so my mother decided we should put them in a garbage bag and donate them to Good Will or the Anvets. The rest of the cleaning went smoothly found alot of wierd crap though. Behind his dresser was an old poster he made from God knows when, of the entire Periodic chart in a descending order by atomic number in circular patern. It was pritie neet, in my oppinion much better then his what apears to be a holloween scene picture he drew from 6th grade. Maybe I'll hang it up in my room. Wish I could post pics of them, but very soon. Speaking of which the first component of my computer arived Friday. Not even an important part, it was the Key board. Funny thing is, that was the last peice we ordered and it was the first to arrive. I highly recomend Amizon.com, they got the quickness when it comes to the shipping. Damn thing practically came over night with normal shipping. Hopefully when I wake up today more parts will be awaiting me.

Now that Andrews room is almost empty (the only thing left is to do is move his dresser/chest down stairs, but that will require the enlisted help of one of my other bro's Jon or Chris) I can start patching and sanding the walls. I've grown tired of the Optimus costume for right now, so this will give me something to do untill my interest rekindles. This leaves the very important question, What to due with my brother Jon's merrill he painted on the wall featuring the prism from Pink Floyds Dark Side Of The Moon. Ill have to ask him when he did that. But maybe its time to retire it. Andrews door of Stickers was retired last year after my Dad in a drunken hase took a golf club to it, smashing a whole wide enough to fit his hand through. He just wanted to get in and talk to Andrew. As my Dad Says "its his house he can do what ever he wants to it." I thought that was some funny shit at the time, and looking back I still think its funny. Andrew doesn't agree, I wounder why?




4 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

I don't really understand how you can sleep as much as you do. My usual routine is to struggle to fall asleep and finally manage it at 2am and then wake up with no alarm at 8-9am. Leaves one quite tired but with a lot of hours in the day. Now only if I actually did enough with my life to use them.

@your response to my entry. I thought I made it clear I was against the flag burning amendment. As far as punishment and enforcement, the Amendment doesn't make that clear, it just makes it legal for a law to be passed subsequently to specify it. And yes, I do plan to do a write up of the Presidential Debate when I'm done slacking ;)

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. i haven't thought about the specifics of my legg-perthes disease in a long time. i got it at a very late age (11) so it was a bit more severe, and i also wore a brace for several months and that didn't work so well, so surgery it was. that was a very distessing time in my life and my family's life, but i personally feel we're all the better for it. and francis, if there is one person in this family that you can count on, it is me....love from your older bro.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the part I found to be the funniest was when we put the door in the basement so that dad could see it when he woke up and realize what he'd done in his drunken stupor. And he used Chris's old walking stick, not a golf club. It's not that I didn't find it funny, I was just more annoyed by it than anything else. How's the job search coming? And I wanted to clear up that it isn't that Mandy and I get along, I just do my hardest to not piss her off and stay out of her way which is probably easier for me than you since you seem to love to get on people's nerves. But that makes life interesting.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very informative blog. I found everything I needed here. Great content! marketing golf equipment

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home