Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Some Detective Work Required

An interesting comment was posted at 6:51 pm under my Greatest Zombie Movie Ever blog, by anonymous which later reveals his name to be a mister Kevin McCarthy of Hanover Park. I believe this post to be rouse by either my brother or one of his cohorts. The post is as follows:

This is the coolest movie ever!!!! Can I be apart of your club? I Live in Hanover Park and would like to get together and play video games. I have my bike and can go meet you ( I can't go past Lake street though because my mom says it's to dangerous). Dude, have you ever played any final fantasy games? Do you collect magic cards? Im not allowed to watch scary movies until Im 17, but if you don't tell anyone, I will watch one with you. cool?

The clues that its my brother are sutal

Clue 1 is the sarcasm in the "coolest movie ever!!!!!" Now you might not think sarcasm is intended but I get that vibe from the over use of exclamation points. My brother and I recently had a conversation about intended sarcasm when posting on the internet.

Clue 2 "Can I be apart of your club?" What club? I never said I was starting a club in any of my blogs. Only an inexperienced blogger would use the term club as a description for my blog site. This could be my brother, or one of his friends?

Clue 3 "Would you like to get together and play video games?" although this is listed as one of my interest, I have only posted one blog on this topic. Only someone with personal knowledge of my true interest in videogamdom would ask me that.

Clue 4 the use of "Dude," my brother uses that term frequently in his emails to me.

Clue 5 "Do you collect magic cards?" Collect magic cards, what a generic term for the vast card games that are out there. My brother not being up to snuff with games out there would use this, also adding to the perspective that this was supposed to be written by a much younger person.

Clue 6 the use of proper spelling and grammar mechanics. We are led to believe that the person who is writing this, Kevin McCarthy, is not 17 yet, and cannot watch scary movies, but has free use of the internet to explore blogspots, which could potentially contain mature material? I find this hard to believe. Also the childish way in which the sentences are constructed, yet contain proper use of () those thingys (I cant recall the word for them now). We are also informed that Kevin cant go past lake street, which is the main highway U.S. 59 that divides Hanover Park in two. If such a person was not allowed to go past it because it was deemed to dangerous to cross, I would place their age around 8, too young for the comprehensive use of the above mentioned. In addition someone who's parents wont let them see scary movies, but lets their child play final fantasy games, which are rated M, is highly dubious.

Clue 7 the limited amount of people who know my blog exist. I did a search for it and couldn't find it leaving me to believe it would be very hard for such a young person to stumble upon my blog.

Clue 8 the spelling of Hanover Park and video games. In two separate conversations with my brother I recall talking to him about how to spell videogames. I said I spell it as one word and he said he spells it as two separate words. Most recently my brother sent me an Email pointing out how to spell Hanover Park as two separate words and not as one as I listed in my Bio
Case Closed
My other theory's on this posted comment is its a set up by the Feds to see if I'm some kind of child molester. Or some very clever person looked up Hanover Park found out the main thouralfares and constructed a very broad paragragh to create a rather clever post in the form of an 8 year old. This is a genuine post, in which case I will answer the questions.
Yes the movie is awesome. No you can't join my club. Sorry we're a secret society type, like the Stonecutters, your father has to be a member in order to join. If you want to meet me, depending on where you live, you don't have to cross that treacherous Lake Street. Your Mom doesn't know what's she's talking about, you can practically play in the middle of it. Yes I've played final fantasy games, from one up to IX, when I decide the series was stagnant and not worth my time anymore. Too much reading of monotonous plot. Why would you want to watch a scary movie with me? I find most horror to be funny, but I guess if you get permition from your P's its cool.
To who ever posted the comment, it would have been more creative to have used Kevin McCalister. Why you ask? He was the spunky little kid, played by Mcalauly Culkin, in Home Alone!!!!
Damn I'm good!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't me francis. But I am making subtle inquiries among some of my known associates to see if we can get to the bottom of this. I'll use some of my expert hacking skills if neccesary to track down this mysterious person.
-jon

4:12 PM  
Blogger franswiggidy said...

LIAR (use Nazi German accent)I know it was you, you used dude in the email you sent me yesturday. LIke the blog shows I proved it was you.

10:58 PM  
Blogger franswiggidy said...

It turns out it was Jons friend Bob who left the creepy comment. I was close, I did say it was either my brother or his friend.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home