Friday, October 15, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

Michael Moore makes a movie that rivals some of Dr. Joseph Goebbels http://www.joric.com/Conspiracy/Goebbels.htm works. Im no Nazi and certainly not a proBush supporter, but Moore's propaganda (that's what I think it is, just like his shameless Bowling For columbine) is all over the place. Don't think its propaganda, check this link for a definition and other works that are similar to Moore's film http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/p/propaganda.html.

Ah Ill throw this link in while I'm at it. It's a very poor comparison between Moore and one of Goebbels Films; like Moore, it suites in making my point http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1159681/posts.

Ok, now that that's out of the way I will go into my review of the movie. Once again, Im not a supporter of president 43 Bush. I just don't have time for politically biased crap. That's not what I want to say, main stream shit that pollutes malleable minds into...... ah crap, I'll just leave it at Propaganda. Because I don't want to say stupid people, but people who get their news from mTV (the m was left uncapitalized on purpose) will believe this flick. I Don't want to say that movies is full of out right lies, because its not. A lot of half truths, and quotes that were taken out of context. Moores specialty.....taking anything that makes Bush and his cohorts look stupid, isn't hard, because Bush rarely can articulate his thoughts, and gives very vague information in the chosen video clips.

Moore makes a good point on the ethics between former Pres Bush 41 and his link to the Saudis. I found that interesting, but then again, since when do any politicians have ethics? Here in Illinois our current Governor Rod Blogovich (probably spelled that wrong) campaign manager when he was running for office was none other then the most powerful mayor in America, Richard Daily of Chicago. Isn't that a conflict of interest? Where's the Ethics in that? Daily gets Rod into office and Rod scratches his back. Notice how Rod is now changing his tune about legalizing gambling in Chicago. So where's the problem knowing that Bush installed his friends into powerful possistions. That's what networking is for, and politics is all about. Its not a Republican thing either, because our Governor is a Democratic.

Moving on to Moores conspiracy about the Bush's. I half expected to here Moore say 'the Saudis in connection with the Bush's, under supervision from the Saucer People, who are in conjuction being led by the Reverse Vampires......" That last part, is a Simpsons quote. Thats how far out there I thought Moore was going with his suspicous theorys he dangles, leading his audience, the impresionable youth of America. Hell Moore answers his, own question why the Saudis, and Binlodens were allowed to leave after the attachs, because their friggin rich and powerful, and since the US, and the world are so friggin dependent on them for oil and money to keep the economy a float, they have some pretty good leverage that doesn't require nuclear capabilities. Moore even says they own some 7% of our country.

Moore's shameles use of his classie, look at the tragic lives that have been ruined. This couldn't have worked out better for Moore. That stupid ass lady, Lipscum, who encouraged thousands of other Kids to go off and join the Army, but suddenly changes her tune when her own son is KIA. Im not Anti Millitary, Im pro, Hell I wanted to join the Army, but my feet/ankles screwed that up for me. I, however, know that a hitch in the service comes with potential risk of death or disfigurment. Its common knowledge. Hell some of the most dangerous jobs in the world are on a Navy Air Craft Carrier. Nobody put a gun to her sons head, hell he chose to go into the service, I take that back, probably under presure from his family. with over a thousand jobs in the Army he happened to choose a dangerouse one that involved a Blackhawk. I don't agree to this war in any way, and its unfortunate her son died along with countless others. This is why its atrocious that Moore uses this Womens plite to make his point. It makes me wounder what other interviews he did with those who had loved ones that died that ended up on the cutting room floor, because they weren't as compelling as this women changing her tune. Although its interesting she blames Bush and not the Army, its commanders, or herself.

I also love the before the war footage, painting Bahgdad as this great place where the people are happy, and then we came in and fucked it all up. OK maybe we did, but still the shameless use of the shots of the children playing. What was this stock footage Saddam gave him. Another thing who in their right mind, prewar, would talk shit about the gracious Saddam. Please. I think its interesting that he interviewed some of the dumbest looking redneck soldiers he could find. So Dumb that they didn't even obbide by the rules given to them on there press cards. Ok maybe you think thier not dumb and its good that they spoke their minds so we can here about the horers first hand. Yes we have been extremely censored from the graphic photos....I dont know wer I'm going with this one, maybe. Moore Did a great job in saying only the poor and unintelligent join the armed forces. This couldn't be farther from the truth, they use the stupid for the cannon foder........I'm lost on this rant for now.

If Moore had only laid down the facts with out scewing them with emotion, I may have liked this movie/ documentary/ propaganda. If only the PBS series Frontline would put togather somthing along these lines I might be able to trust the information given to me. Coming from Moore.. I dont know who to belive any more. both sides have answere that aren't quite the truth.

I'll close with this. If there is some vast conspiracy underway that has been 30 years in the making, inorder to chip away certain constitutional rights through fear, ultimatly resulting in a US dictatorship, so a select few can become unbelievably rich, I wouldn't be surprised. It wouldn't be the first time sombody used political office for personal gain. I would have been interesting to live around the time Rome fell, and it would be interesting to see if I will witness the end of our great empire.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised at your political opinions, mostly because we seem to agree. God, you should hear Mandy speak about politics. She's voting for Bush by the way. She went so far as to go out of her way to not mention that I would be eligible to vote in Florida because she knows I'll vote for Kerry.

As it happens, I went to see Michael Moore speak at UF on the last night they were registering votors. I stood in one line for an hour to have them tell me at the door that it was the line for students and I had to go to the other side and wait in line for another hour. There were no signs saying which line was which.

Anyways, at the end of his ranting, he mentioned that I only needed to have lived in the state for 30 days before the election and I could register. They had a whole bunch of people standing around with registration forms, so I signed up. I got my voter card in the mail the other day and I'm all set to vote for Kerry.

You want to know about Moore? All he did was give a bunch of cheap lines to get chears and shit. He said things that made fun of Florida State who is UF's rival and other crap like that. He said nothing new, interesting or inciteful. It was a tour for him to say, "buy my book, by my dvd, then vote for Kerry for the reasons I gave in my movie" However, he did get a couple thousand students to register to vote on that night which was pretty good.

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it was mayor daley's brother that ran bloggies campaign. hes the same one who ran al gores campaign.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Bondo said...

True, Moore's film fits the definition of propaganda...but so does 80% of the mass media these days. The state of information dispersion in this country is sickening.

I generally agree with many of your points, even though I gave his film an A- in my review. I thought Bowling for Columbine, despite his deceptive points was a brilliant film for the thought it inspires about the issue. I do wish Moore would realize he actually can make a critical documentary without using flaky tactics.

Still, in the end, he mostly just asks rhetorical questions and comes off as not greatly reliable...but yet one thinks about things. I think without a doubt the Bush Administration has been using fear as a controlling tactic like Moore proposes, I think there are certain corporate biases in Bush's dealings (such as Carlye Group making one billion dollars from Kuwait thanks to murky political/corporate dealings of the former Secretary of State (under Bush 41.) I think there is a serious concern about Bush's lax behavior prior to 9/11. I think there is need to review why the poor tend to fight the wars of the rich and how this influences their policies. So there is plenty of valid concerns to take from the film without buying the specific details and as such I find it worthwhile.

I just had my attention drawn to Frontline and am going to try to catch a few of their reports. I guess they have one about Rumsfeld and the Iraq war coming up so it could be what you are looking for. Need to watch the last one about comparing Bush and Kerry as people online.

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home