Sunday, October 17, 2004

Sweetest Day?

So, what the hell is Sweetest day? http://www.theromantic.com/sweetestday.htmThis holliday makes absolutely no sense what so ever except, its another ploy by the greeting card company's to get your green. I guess one benefit to it, like all holidays that involve gift giving, it spurs the economy. It's also an excuse for people to be overly romantic. Case in point, My buddy Doug AKA Tac, proposed to his girlfriend today. I never thought Doug would ever meet a girl he wanted to marry. Just 2 years ago he was the biggest man-whore I new. He had what is refeared to as the "Kavorca, the lure of the animal." Doug originally planed on popping the question on two other cleshayed holidays, Christmas and valentines day. I guess that 5K engagement ring he bought for her was burning a hole in his pocket. So just how did Doug propose. Well he bought Agita(his girlfriend) a Marilyn Monroe painting she had been wanting. He then cut out the ring Marilyn was wearing in the picture and inserted his own. Very creative. My other pal, Alok, is clamming the credit behind this idea. How do I feel about Dougs engagement? I say, good for Doug. Now its time to start taking bets on how long they last. A steep history of divorce runs through Dougs family. Doug's old man has been married 5 times and his ma 3. I give it 5 years, but then again I was wrong about my brother Chris's marriage. The verdict on my sisters marriage ids still out. While I'm on the subject of marriage, my parrents 32 or maybe it was 33rd wedding aniversery was last Saturday. My mom bought my dad the Scunci steamer, which she had been wanting for the last year. Its just like the simpsons where Homer gives Marge the bolwing ball with his name engraved on it for her birthday. My Dad took my mom out to eat at her favorite restaurant Cullivers http://www.culvers.com/. This place is by no means fine dinning. It doesn't take much to make my mother happy, And for some odd reason she doesn't like to eat at nice places. Matbe it has something to do with her innabillity to smell. Hay if everything taste like cardboard why wastye your money.

Unfortunatly for me I have no sweetie. Oh well, so tonight I bagan another bold project. I started to take down all the wallpaper in my room. Optimus has to wate yet again. This is a great excuse to get some use out of my moms (cough) I meen my dads new steamer.The steamer proves mildly useful in this effort. I plan on writeing a full review of the this product in the futer. I swear our house should be used as a test facillity for new inventions. we tend to be hard on stuff.

Taking down wallpaper is a bitch. It proves espeacialy difficult when you dont have a puty knife and have to use a damn windshield ice scraper to pry undernieth and scrape. It does the job. I made a little progress, and plan on having all the wall paper down by tuesday. The shottie installation of the paper, by my mother some 15 years ago, should make the process move fairly fast. When you take down wall paper you never no what youll find. I have managed to expose a small corner which still has the original lime green paint from the 70s on it. I wish I had some batteries for camera so I could post a pic. Looking around now, this room definately needs some more work than I originally thought. I got nothing eles to do, and the projects that come about should keep me from smoking. I feel like my Bro Jon, back when he used to live here and did strange projects in the wee hours.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a bet with mom that it would take over a year for you to take down the wallpaper and get started on remodeling your room. I makes me happy to be proven wrong and I'm glad you're getting it done broham.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, they sell stuff that makes it easier to take down wallpaper. do you need help remodeling you room?
-jon

7:58 PM  
Blogger franswiggidy said...

Thanks for the the kind words brohams. You bet mom? When did you do that? I've been talking about redoing this room for over 2 years. The only reason im doing it, is so it looks nice when I leave.I do plan on moving out.ma says I got till 25, but I think Ill leave before than.I'll takle your old room next. Yes Jon I will require your asisstance.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home