Saturday, December 24, 2005

Twas the Night Before Christmas

and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even drunktard, because they all went to midnight Mass. I had to work on Christmas eve, which wasn't that bad cause I actually made a few bucks, and I'm not into the whole midnight mass thing. I hate Mass on Christmas, its always the same sermon about getting past the whole consumer yada yada yada its Christ birthday, gift of the Magi thing. I know my brother is going to say "Dude but its tradition!" I say bah humbug to that, its not a tradition I like nor do I want to be apart of anymore. Even with my new found spirituality, I feel the whole birth of our lord and savior Jesus, has become over commercialized to the mass, and its lost its impact on my life. Ok maybe that's all a load of shit, but I am still content sitting here by myself typing this. Even if I didn't have to work I still probably would have opted out of Mass.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

merry christmas to you too!!!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home