Sunday, September 26, 2004

Defrag, Lost Socks, Laundry, And Optimus Prime

How often are you supposed to defrag your computer? Once a week? Once a month? Probally more often then every 502 days I'm asumeing. This old hunk of junk computer my brother gave me to use hasn't been working so well lately. Its been loading web pages impossibly slow, if at all, and launching programs takes (use Sand Lot voice for this one) FOR EVER! So in an attempt to try to fix the problem I decide to defrag my computer. I would have done it earlier, if I new how. Ya I know what your saying. What kind of moron doesn't know how to defrag a computer? Well this one, like I said before I am completely computer elliterite, and jalk up spelling to that list as well. After a quick conversation with my my brother Jon, I learned how simple it is. Thanks Jon. I am sure my computer problems will increase when I have the ultimate PC gaming machine at my fingertips. Count down only three more days untill I have completely aquired the 2K for the building to begin. So back to the story I went in to defrag my computer and, guess what? Its been a whopping 502 days since the last one. Now I knew it was going to take a some time, but never expected it would take 7 hours. With my access to the internet down and nothing on TV, I now had to find other things to do to occupy my time.

I first decided to clean my room. Thats when I found a pair of old Nike socks that had been missing for at least 2 years down behind my bead. Uppon comparison to the same type of sock I regularly use, its funny to me how much abuse I put on my socks. The socks under regular use were torn and the alastic was all stretched out around the ankle. The MIA socks were all tight and form fitting. OK, who cares about my missing socks?

Now with the missing socks found I decided to wash them. Who knows when/or if I wore them last, and what kind of dust mights ect could be living in them. I also wash new cloths, before I wear them.

With nothing eles to do besides, Gasp, go to sleep before 8AM, I embarked on my ultimate project. It has long been a dream of mine to create an Optimus Prime costume for Halloween. Yes I am a dork, but a cool one if thats possible? No I'm not what ever eles your thinking right now. After previously researching how to go about this project on the internet, I noticed that all recreations of the G1 Optimus costumes, that I viewed, lacked one very crucial aspect. Optimus's head. Also the only good information about construction I could gather, is building such a costume would require plenty of cardboard and masking tape. The body in my oppinion, would be the easy part. The real task would be faithfully recreating Optimus's noggin. With my computer out of opperation for the time being, I went down into the dungeon (our basement) and was very carefull not to wake the sleeping giant, who had passed out from drinking too much grog (my dad). Coming from a guy who cant use a PC, I found the my dads Mack to be even more difficult to use. after about 2 hours of searching for a 3D perspective of optimus's head I came away with only 3 pics and none of wich showed the back of it. Now back upstairs to view My Transformer season 1 and 2 DVDs. Thanks Andrew for the Cristmass gifts, I knew I would get around to watching them. After an additional 2 hours of viewing I came across one eppisode in season 2, Blaster Blues, that completly shows the back of Optimus's head. To my amazement, its completely flat, with four screws in the corners. Who knew? The new problem that arose is Optimus is barly drawn the same way twice, in any given eppisode. Some times his head is smooth, somtimes its more polygonal. Sometimes his anteni are circular, other times their sharp and triangular. Yes this is the G1 Optimus, if you don't believe me check it out for yourself, but Im probaly guessing most of you don't care. My project is very ambitous, I also intend to include an openable chest cavity, where I will store a mock up of Optimus's Spark. You Got The Touch.......Song played when Hot Rod takes Optimus's Spark to become Rodimus Prime in Transformers the movie. Maybe Dare To Be Stupid would be more fitting for this.

Now its 6:22AM and my computer is done defraging. Yay! After a quick restart, I logged on to the internet. It worked! Or it least it seems to have. I noticed an immediate difference. So that brings us to now. In future post I will explain how the construction process going. Hopfully by the time I'm finished so to will my super computer, then I might be able to post pictures. The computer I use lacks a USB port, or whatever port you use to hook up a digital camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home