Sunday, January 30, 2005

Birthday Blues

So Its been a week since my 24th birthday and I'm finally getting over the depression that enveloped that day, so I guess its time to write about the events that occurred. What got me so glum on my special day? well....lets see......could it be that my entire family forgot about it! Not to mention none of my friends called to say happy Birthday, with the only exception of Alex.

When I awoke on my 24th birthday around 5PM the house was deafly silent. Nobody was home. My mom had gone out and Frank (that's how I shall refer to my dad from now on, because he is no longer my father, just a shell of a former man known to be my dad) had gone to get his drink on at the bar. After checking my cell phone to see if anyone had called during my slumber, I was a little heartbroken, to see I only had three missed calls and they were all from Alex.

Alex is turning out to be a better friend than I thought. She called and left me multiple Happy Birthday messages on my cell's voice mail, while I was sleeping. When I returned her call she was already going out to eat at Olive Garden with her boyfriend Scott. She didn't hesitate for a second to have me come join them for dinner, my breakfast. I promptly said no and hung up the phone. I was in a state of feeling sorry for myself, that no one else was around and cared about me on my birthday. As I mulled over the idea of eating by myself and feeling depressed that nobody cared, I came to the conclusion, that I was being stupid about the whole thing. I did have someone that cared and wanted to spend my birthday with me. So I changed my mind and called Alex back.

Olive Garden not being my place of choice to eat....ever for that matter, I still went happily. Diner at the OG was as good as could be considering, and Alex and Scott managed to put me in brite spirits. Salvaging a bit of my birthday.

I got a surprising call later on that night from my little Bro Andrew, who ruined the I remembered you on your Birthday thing by saying "I forgot, I mean I knew it was coming up.....but I called Mom about something and she reminded it was today, so Happy Birthday." Next time dude, leave out the part how you found out it was my birthday and just say happy birthday. That also applies to anyone else you meet. Although I am not mad at him for his poor choice of words, after all he did send me a birthday card and a small present that means a lot to me. He sent a lighter that says Florida on it. He remembered that I collect lighters that say States and places on them from around the USA. Thanks little Bro and yes Gean did call which was a bit odd but still nice.

I suppose it wasn't the lack of people or family that cared it was my birthday, it boils down to the fact that I am now 24! Thats rite, a 24 looser living at home with his parents working a shit job, with no ambitions, ideas, or direction in life. Thats the part that makes me depressed. So after a week of trying not to think about this, by drowning out all thoughts by playing Counter Strike for prolonged periods of time, I concocted Plan D.

Yeah, I'm on plan D now. A,B, and C didn't fly so here we have plan D. The time isn't rite to explain plan D, because I don't want to say my intentions only to have them not work out or have people tell me my plans are stupid. Saves me the anxiety of having to explain plan D to everyone. As far as anyone is concerned Plan D isn't actually a Plan at all. Its just something I can say so people think I have a plan, when in fact I mite not have anything going at all. Make sense?

Now its time to update the sidebar on my blog.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time, i will not call at all. You need to appreciate what you have asshole, not complain that what you have isn't good enough. How about you go live in Africa for awhile where on your birthday you just might get a chance to eat.

8:50 PM  
Blogger franswiggidy said...

See thats what im talking about, my family has nothing nice to say only negative crap! Dont call on my next birthday, for that matter don't call anymore asswipe! OH Africa I would be lucky to eat, ya well sucks to live in Africa, but here in America we can be depressed rich and bitch about it, thats the American way!

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are both whiney bitches!!! take that suckas!!!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, you have a negative attitude which makes you interpret my message as negative. I told you to appreciate what you have.

11:06 PM  
Blogger franswiggidy said...

I wasn't aware that starting off your comment by calling me an asshole was not negative! I guess No one told me that being an asshole is now a positive comment to ones self. But seeing how you attended the asshole convention, you must be the expert. Mr I'm beter than you and have a new out look on life! Andrew and the art of Zen!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home