Saturday, February 05, 2005

A Bill Of Good Health

First, I'd like to start off that my sleep cycle is all messed up. I have offically started the transformation into Jon! I haven't been able to sleep longer than 6 hours at any given time. Maybe its my bed or itsaThink of a day in which you lay down for naps periodically and wake up at strange hours refreshed and unable to fall back asleep. Followed by nothing to do but watch tv and surf the internet followed by the ocasional 5 hours of work. Well thats the sleep I've been getting! Probably wont last for long, but it feels nice in an odd sort of way.

Any ways I returned to the ENT Dr for my follow up evaluation. The Dr told me exactly what I already new. My ear was better, for now, but the cyst and scare tissue would need to be removed, or these infections will keep comeing back. But for him to preform another procedure would cost me about 500 big ones, so naturally I declined. I'll take another infedtion first, then maybe I'll have some insurance to get it fixed once and for all! The Dr decided to be nice and only charged me $40 for the five minutes we talked.

The bills have now come in so lets add up my total ear cost
  • Hospital Visit $544.00
  • Antibiotics $ 94.00
  • Draining infected mass $244.00
  • explanation of further procedure $ 40.00
  • Total cost of infected earlobe $922.00

You thought I was going to say priceless for a minute there, didn't you? well I guess in a way it is priceless, saved me from possible further cost like every one kept telling me. All I can think of rite now is it would have been nice to have spent that money on something physical like a new Tv or something. The way I'm looking at the amount of money is it could be comparable to a rent check. You now the idea that it was waisted on something you don't own but in a way you need. real world type spending.

After my Dr appointment I was supposed to go and get further information On my plan D. Unfortunatly like all my plans I was overcome by my anxiety which kept me from entering the place in which I was to obtain my information. I sat in the parkinglot for a while mulling the idea over in my head, but couldn't bring myself to enter. Instead I justified it by making excuses for myself about other things I needed to do. Like getting my oil changed, and eating sushi. I was determined in my mind, but my body wasn't willing (or is that vive versa?) to go through with it. I told myself I would even return later in the day, but got a headache and a case of the shits, most likely linked to the anxiety. Instead I took a nap. Now I am deturmined on Monday to rectifie my loss and come through triumphant! At least thats the plan for now, we'll see. Like I said these things have a way of changeing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

I don't know if it is better or worse but I dropped $1200 on insurance extension this fall and I think I had one appointment that was covered that would have cost me like $50 more. I mean, better to not have the infection, but at least then it doesn't feel like you flushed the money down the toilet.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, i ran out of letters in the alphabet for all of my plans, so now i use roman numerals. and what the hell is up with gay guys liking me so much? why can't girls like me?

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home