Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The True Thief at Lone*Star

As I briefly mention before, I work at the lone * Star Steakhouse & saloon. I've worked at this dreadful restaurant for the past 5 years or so, only interrupted by a brief hiatus to live, learn, and earn at Walt Disney World. Ive been bartendeing at lone*star for the past 2 and 1/2 years, which was the biggest mistake I ever made. I would have been better off working at McDonalds, at least their with the time I've invested at Lone*star I would be a McManager by now. So many storys to share but for now im going to focus on the events that unfolded tonight.

Every two or three months the managers (incompitant, emotional, and theifs themselves, not ideal persons for resturaunt management) call a mandatory bar meeting where they accuse all 4 bartenders that we are stealing and threaten us with our jobs. Its funny, because the majority of us want to get fired, just so we'll be forced to actually look for a new job. anyways acuzations fly about on who's actualy stealing, when it realy turns out its none of us! At our last mandatory bar meeting they said their bar cost had spiked 25% in the last week and once again told us we would all be offered host posistion (incentive to quit) or could part ways if the cost didn't return to normal. At the meeting, it was also explained why Scott (Alex's boyfriend) was fired for giving another employee a taste of some extra drink he made. No sweat off Scotts back, hes the sucker with a real day job.

Tuesday night is inventory night so all the managers have to stay late and count stuff. As I was closing up, after making a total of $10.00, I was listening to the managers count off the liquor, and whatI heard was astonishing. My manager Craig reads the amount off alchohol in ever bottle and tells my other manager, Michelle, what numbers to write down. I was mopping the floor when I heard Craig say 2.5 Johny Walker Blacklable, and Michelle says that can't be right. Michelle then replies that they only wrote down 1.5 last week. Craig responds thats wrong, I must have entered 1.5 into the computer last week by mistake. Oh Michelle says, that might explain some of our bar cost issue from last weeks numbers. Craig says Ya thats a $45 bottle it would make a big difference. Im in awe at this point because last friday they just told us how we were the ones stealing, and the cause of there mysterious hike in bar costs. It gets better as they continue on with the counting. When Craig counts the Couvasier he calls out a 1.0. Michelle once again starts shuffeling her papers when she discovers another mistake on their part. Michelle says we had a 0.1 last week, but I don't see on the sheet that we brought a bottle of that down from the cabinet. Craig replies I said 1.0 not 0.1! Oh, Michelle replies, that explains why our bar cost was so fucked up last week. I couldn't believe what I just heard. You mean to tell me that no one stole anything and everything was some what acounted for, and the cause of all this agravation was because of human error by management. At that point, since I was standing next to my managers, I half expected one of them to say, ya know maybe we should appologize for acusing everyone . No such luck, instead Michelle says, this sytem for counting realy sucks , and they just continued on with their counting. Once they were done counting the liquor they started counting beer. The managers make the bartenders due a beer count too, as a double measure. I had already finished my beer count by the time they started, and was about to leave when I heard craig shout out 19 MGD light! This stoped me in my tracks and I turned to Craig and said, I think you counted that wrong, I got 23 MGD Lights. Craig looks at me like im the one that counted wrong, and looks back at the MGD Light. Craig then says, Michelle make that 23 MGD Light, without even a thanks for catching that Francis. I just quietly turned and walked out without saying, good bye.

This little insident got me thinking, it truly is time for a new job. I have been intending to write a resume' (I use a french accent when I say that word) for quite some time now, actually the past week. But, here comes the excuse, I've been busy watching Alex's place while shes on vacation in New York New York. She's got a satalite dish and the number of crap to watch is impareing my abillity, to get stuff done. Also this Blog has been consuming my early mourning freetime. I also wounder how I will get a job with my inabillaty to spell correctly. Can you count how many words I have spelled wrong in this bog alone? Im too tired to run spell check for now, so happy hunting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

It would bother me too much if I tried to actually pay attention to the spelling errors. Instead I just mentally correct on the fly and act as if nothing happened ;)

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know your frustration with craig and michelle. I can't believe they have lasted as long as they have. I had to sort out their mistakes many a time. I think I caught a few of yours too, haha. Don't quit. the stories you get there alone are worth it. Where else would you work with such a derelect bunch of people.

Hi frances. anita

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home