Sunday, February 13, 2005

Comfortable, Yet not So Affordable

I got my AK rocking chair
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?j=1&id=1081900335425&type=product&ref=03&loc=01
last Monday through Bestbuy.com. First I am a little disappointed with Bestbuy.com because all the items I ordered all came on separate dates well after the three day shipping. The only reason I used bestbuy.com as opposed to going to the store was I wanted to buy the Explorer's
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800063001 DVD, it was on sale for 5 bucks! Well I had fond memories of it from when I was a kid. I am on a, buy all the 80's movies from my youth, kick. So naturally I tried the Bestbuy by my house first, and they didn't have it. Which led me to buying it off their web site, which led to me doing more shopping. I Always wanted to by the AK rocking chair, but felt funny/anxiety about actually purchasing it from the physical store. Something about lugging the giant box up to the front. I always feel like people are judging me on what I buy, probably what makes shopping so difficult for me, along with the spending money thing. Hoard hoard hoard all my precious money.....All for Sirius! Gwaa haaa haaaa haaa aaaaaaaaa.............Sorry about that, got carried away. Anyways, I purchased the damn chair off best buy, only because as of the time of purchase Jan 27 you could only buy it through them, or off the AK site! Turns out now Circuit City is offering it, oh ya, with fee shipping! Speaking of shipping all the items I ordered came through UPS which I am very disappointed in. Three day shipping my ass! First I ordered it on the 27th, my credit card wasn't charged till the 29th and my chair didn't ship till the 31st and arrive until the Feb 7th! I don't think I will be using Bestbuy.com or UPS again, that is unless they continue to offer such childhood movie favorites for 5 Bucks.

The AK Rocker is probably the most comfortable piece of furniture I have ever bought! Reminds me, I need to buy a comfortable matres! Although for what you get, it seems a tad bit overpriced. Assembling the chair is another story, its best to have two people when doing it. Also, my brother Jon had to take box cutter to some of the edges, because the mold, had left some rough spots making assembly impossible. Once in the chair, it takes some getting use to. You'll probably lean to far back, where by the whole thing falls backwards. But once you find the rite position, you'll find it to be damn comfortable! Its like it straightens your spine or something, but it feels amazing. Which just like it says allows for extended gaming or TV viewing time. Although I haven't tested how it fairs in the long run for myself, I'm stuck hunched over in my den behind my PC for most of my time spent at home. But seeing how I have to watch the Dark Crystal
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/3108/darkcrystal.html
I'll get to experience its comfort first hand during a 90 minute viewing session.

As for the Explorers, it wasn't quite as great as I had remembered it, actually if you saw it for the first time, it would be down rite strange! Yet its one of those kind of your a kid that would be awesome if this happened to me feel good movies, just like my favorite movie The Goonies. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home