Thursday, November 03, 2005

My Bike


When I was out west I met a Yogi of sorts who told me all about the Zen of bike riding. I was inspired and determined upon my return home to purchase a classic cruising machine similar to his, and I found the perfect bike at the local thrift store, along with some cool vintage T-shirts. I picked up this beauty for only $29, but she needed some work. So my brother Jon and I went out and bought some new tires, inner tubes and some chrome polish to restore her. I couldn't be more happy with this bike. The weather around these parts has already made the change to the gloomy season, but I caught a break today because the grey skys broke and temperature was on the rise, making for perfect riding conditions. She handled better then expected, the ride was smooth although the seats a little big for me. To my surprise the gear shifter still works like new, and made me wonder if anyone had ever ridden this bike before. Jon even surprised me the other day, when I came home I found a giant honking bell affixed to my handlebars. Its makes an obnoxiously loud noise when you ring it. All that's missing now is some rocket style reflectors, a mirror, and some tassels.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

I like the bike just the way it is, no need to go all "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" I don't think.

P.S. Your pumpkin carving skills totally trump mine.

6:13 PM  
Blogger franswiggidy said...

You don't think it would look cool with some rocket reflectors on it? Ok maybe it is just a little to Pee Wee-ish, but growing up that was one of my favorite movies. I'm sure your pumpkin kicked ass and took names!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home