Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Present For Lokstro

Lokstro's birthday is tomorrow, I can't figure out what the hell to get him. I still owe him big from my birthday and Christmas. He always gets me something, and I always fail him by not getting him anything. He' s just so hard to shop for, You saw the picture, what the hell do you get a man with a Mohawk?

I was reminded by email that the Rolling Stones are coming around for another tour of Chicago in January. My earlier attempts to score tickets failed. You might be wondering why I would want to get him Stones tickets? I'll tell you why. It all goes back to our senior year of high School, man that's seems like a long time ago, I was dating a real pickle of a girlfriend, Karen. She was a mean emotion wreck, I couldn't do anything right for her. So she would subsequently break up with me every three days or so, like clock work. Any ways I had gotten Rolling Stones tickets for the both of us, and the day of the concert Karen decided she didn't want to see me anymore and broke up with me. Well I wasn't going to let that keep me from a seeing the Stones before they died. So I asked Lokstro if he would fill her seat. He was ecstatic, which is odd because I never took him as a Stones fan, I really wasn't one either, I only liked a few of their songs. So I was getting ready to leave that night, when I got a call from Karen and she gave me her sob story about how she was sorry and this and that and I expected her apology. Now I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I had the tickets with Karen, but in her absence I invited Lokstro. I was fucked. So it came down to this, not about who I liked better, but who I was going to get sex from after the show. Ah the mind of the adolescent. As I approached Lokstro's house he was already coming down his driveway to great me. He hopped in the car and was like "Alright the Rolling Stones lets get ready to rock!" Thats when I had to break the news to him. "ahhhhhh dude, I uhh...got ughhh some uh baadd news?"
He was totally taken off guard by this and was like "what man did Mic Jager die or something, is the show cancelled?"

"Uhhhh well you see dude its like this, I uhhh, well I kinda got back together with......."

"Dude fuck you man, what the hell are you doing with that chick, she's a lunatic! I can't fucken believe you man, I mean seriously, what the fuck!"

I really didn't have a response for that because I new I was being shitty but then I explained about the sex thing and he seemed to understand a little. Still he never forgave me for that, in fact he still brings it up even all these years later. Well that story and the time I welched on paying him $50 to jump in bed with Slep's dad. Who would have thought he actually would have done it? So what a better gift then to get him some Stones tickets. If you could buy them. Ticketmaster sucks, why does it say theirs tickets on sale when theres not! I tried like 20 times and nadda, so with that option out the window, I don't know what the hell to get him. All I know is I failed him again. This also reminds me of the time I sent away for Jerry Springer tickets for his 18th birthday, and when a envelope came from the show, I was sure there were tickets inside. I gave the envelope to Lokstro on his birthday and his eye lit up. He tore into the envelope and an even bigger surprise laid inside, it was a letter telling me that I forgot to enclose my phone number on my request for the tickets so I would have to re-request them! Man was he bummed its like I have a way of getting his hopes up and then dashing them. I think after that's when I gave up trying to get him anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home