Monday, August 29, 2005

Plan For the Worst and Prey for the Best

So the saying goes. I have been putting some serious thought into all that could go wrong as I travel west. Worst case Scenario (I'm a pessimist) I wind up dead. Thats worst case, but you never know when your tickets been pulled. So I have decided to get my affairs in order and leave some sort of will or instructions. I do have a good amount of crap that would need to be divided up. It goes beyond personal possessions, maybe I should leave notes to all my loved ones? Just so they know how I feel about them. Wouldn't want anyone thinking I went out with hard feelings.

It's hard for me to believe that I am actually leaving in a couple of days. Well those plans may be postponed a day or two do to a developing head cold, that keeps getting worse. Thank you once again for the tenth time older bro! Don't want to hit the road with a head cold, especially going into the mountains.

I got a phone call today from a voice I recognized instantly as Jon from the Office Max. The stony baloney kid that had me all concerned about my business cards. It was actually an odd conversation like he was calling me to hang out. I answered with a "hello?" to which he replied with "ahhh Francis?........."

"yes this him."

"Yeah....its Jon." I guess I was supposed to know who he was (even though I did) because he paused for a good couple of seconds before continuing."Jon from the Office Max, I was just calling to let you know your cards are ready." I couldn't believe they were done this quick. When I dropped off the form on Thursday, He told me it would be at least 7 days. This was quick, it had barley been 3 working business days. I'll have to make sure to recommend them in the future. I expressed my delight to Jon with a "no kidding? They're ready already?"

"yeah, I got em right here."

"Awesome man, I'll be by in a bit to pick em up."

"Alright, cool man we'll see you then. later." to which he promptly hung up the phone before I could say goodbye. Like I said, it was like I was talking to one of my friends. Off I went to pick up my cards and when I got there Jon was working behind the counter and instantly recognized me, to my surprise, and greeted me with a large smile. His eyes were noticeable less cached this time and seemed wide open and alert. He pulled out a large box from under the counter and showed me the end of it which had one of my cards stapled to the front of it. I made sure to double check for any mistakes even though at this point it was to late to fix it even if there was one. Everything looked good. Jon then asked me what the cards were for? So to appease his curiosity I simply handed him one. Then I instructed him to visit the website in a week or so to read about my most likely bland adventures west. Still it was good practice for when I hand out the cards as I travel west.

After my visit with Jon I went over to Track Auto and bought some things for my car to help with my sleeping situation. Got a thing to cover the windshield, to add a little more privacy as I slumber. I also got a pillow for some lumbar support. Yeah I know it was a rather uneventful night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home