Friday, January 27, 2006

2 Down, 15 More Weeks to Go

Now I'm not quite sure what the hell I was thinking when I picked my major? This is what happens when you pick a one out of a hat! I new I should have stuck to the sciences. Oh its not that bad my classes are actually pretty interesting, all though my communications classes border on almost being philosophy. Well actually the argument could be made that Communication is a form of Philosophy, actually the theories around Rhetoric were developed by Aristotle himself. Eh, someones been paying attention in class!

My first week at school was really intimidating. All the professors handing out there syllabi's and talking about the mountains of assignments I'll be climbing my way through not to mention the dreaded DUN DUN DUN research paper. I think I had a panic attack in everyone of my classes. I just feel this immense pressure on myself to succeed and I want to do this college thing the right way and get strait A's and graduate with honors. I really want to shine like my little brother did when he was at school and make my parents proud by making the Deans list or some shit like that. So when these challenges are placed in front of me, I feel overwhelmed and I fear that I wont be able to make my goal. I know no one will think I'm a complete failure if I get by with C's but I won't be satisfied with mediocrity! I know I am capable, but at the same time I don't think I have the smarts to get by. I get so damn frustrated when it doesn't come to me right away. My Spanish class has me pinned down in this department. I am having trouble conjugating verbs and remembering when to change the A's and O's. Hell, I'm having trouble memorizing the words. It's only the second week and I feel lost and behind, and once your behind, well your a goner in a foreign language.

At least living in my apartment is going well for the time being. Maybe its still the honeymoon period with my roommate, but we both get along surprisingly well. He finds my ranting to be funny, to bad nobody else does, and I find his cleanliness to be satisfactory.

I also am super excited because I joined a club this week, the PRSSA . I always wanted to go into PR and now I have my chance to see if its something I like. Ok the real reason I joined was it fills my Coms 207 requirement, and I figured it would be a good way to meet some chicks. Plus as they say "it looks great on your resume!" I also figured if I was going to do this college thing right, and get out of my apartment, I should get involved with some extracurricular activities!

I guess I shouldn't rush things and worry like I do, this lifestyle change will take a little bit of adjustment, and everything will be alright I'm sure I'll do just fine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never had straight A's in college. Not once. I was a B+/A- student. If you can pull of a 3.0 or higher, you'll make me proud.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home