Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Free At Last, Lord I'm Free At Last

I checked the status of my application to NIU today and guess what? The damn thing is still on hold. I mean WTF? They said I would know on the 1st and no dice. I'll give it till tomorrow and then I'll call the admissions office to get to the bottom of this.

Well I wanted to know for sure if I was in before I quit Lone Star, but fuck it. I was standing behind the bar and made up my mind, even if I don't get into school I need to quit this job. Go off and find another. Its time, I have done all I can do with this place. I never thought I would ever be able to do it, but here I am free. Well not completely, I really just put in my two weeks notice. I wanted to be done on the 12th but my manager said if I wanted to use them as a reference I would have to finish out two weeks. So I guess maybe the 14th will be my last day there. Either way, I am free and damn does it feel good. The odd thing was it wasn't hard to quit at all, it was easy and anxiety free. I was calm and not worried about it at all. I thought I would be. I told my GM and she was cool with it, I half thought she would be mad, but she said she was happy that I would be moving on to do better things. Then we laughed about my 6 year dynasty was coming to an end. God 6 years, I cant believe I've been there for that long. Man, where has the time gone? I've survived 7 GM's, 40 regular managers, and probably over a thousand co-workers! I am the last of the original 20 I started with back in 1999. I win! Or do I loose because I was the last to work there? Wow! I never thought I would embrace change, but man it feels so fuck'n good to finally quit! Even if things don't work out I think I'll just take a long vacation and finish writing my book. Yeah, that's right, I'm writing a book. Maybe I'll add struggling writer to my repertoire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home