Sunday, July 17, 2005

Can Management Get A Clue?

Yesterday morning we had one of our famous pointless meetings. Now I'm no manager, but I think I know a thing or two about treating people. First off I think the poorest way to start off a meeting is to threaten to fire all those that don't show up on time. To enforce her decision my manager Michelle promptly locked all the doors at 9:01. Then we were instore for a 2 hour bitch fest. Now since I have worked at this place forever, Michelle had nothing new to say. Actually it was quite annoying to have to have gotten up at 8AM so I could listen to her bitch about problems that needed to, but haven't been fixed since the last time she bitched about them at our last meeting 2 FUCKEN YEARS AGO! Thats right these problems were nothing new to me. I like how we had a meeting to pass the blame and problems on to the new batch of employees, when the blame should be placed squarely on the management and there ineptness to handle the issues at hand. I am so angry about this. The only way to show my disapproval was to not make eye contact and doodle on my piece of paper in front of her. Oh she got the point and was none to happy.

I am just so fed up with this place. I was almost ready to walk out at the meeting. I am just so sick of all the unnecessary bullshit. Now I have made my plan to leave and I hope it works out. Are you all ready for this? For those that don't already know I applied to go back to school last month. Good ole Northern Illinois University. I applied sent transcripts and filled out my FAFSA. Now hopefully it will all work out in my favor and I'll be in and get my loans and on my way to my future. I am really looking forward to going and I will finally be able to move out of this forsaken house and job!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

Yeah, I'm excited to be ditching this place in a month. Sometimes you just need to leave all the shit behind and change the scenery.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a manager is difficult, something many non-managers don't understand. Having been a manager, I wish I never have to go back to it because people are irresponsible and never do what you tell them to do. But many managers are also incompetant. Really the blame needs to be placed on the people who make the decisions and that often is not the managers directly above you and they are between a rock and a hard place. Some manager above them has told them to do something rediculous without a plan of how to do it and in turn they must find a way to make you do it even though they think it is rediculous.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home