Monday, July 18, 2005

Ye Olde Renaissance Fair

After the Meeting, Becky and I headed toward Wisconsin to partake in the Bristol Renaissance Fair. http://www.renfair.com/Bristol/. Now never having been to the Renaissance fair and having herd good things about it from my older brother Chris, I jumped at the opportunity to go when Becky asked me. Now I would have jumped at any opportunity to do what ever she asked but this was actually something I wanted to do.

Saturday was an ungodly hot day. The hottest so far of the summer. So it was a hell of a day for walking around in the sun. Now most people who go to the fair wear their own costumes some good some really crappy, were talking no effort. Most of the time its hard to differentiate between the actors and the everyday folks. But I figured even though I wasn't in costume, well when in Roam........So for the rest of the day I would be referring to Becky as "me lady."

Now its funny that they call it the renaissance fair because its more of fantasy fair. Its hard to tell what exact time your supposed to be in. Its like a cross between medieval times and a D&D game. From Vikings to fairy's, everyone with any mythical setting is there.

Now I was a bit disappointed by the fair itself in that its more like a series of shops and eaterys with a lack of any substance. Theres a few shows to see, but all in all its mostly just a place to rip people off with over priced tacky dragon fantasy type crap. Still it was a neet place to go and spend an afternoon. But then again Becky makes any place a neet place to go and spend an afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

Don't forget the turkey legs *dry heaves*

I think it would take a woman to get me to go to something of that sort.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home