Saturday, April 09, 2005

A Chereck Reunion

I just arrived home from a rather festive family gathering at the other half of the Chereck clan. It was a very pleasant gathering, unlike Easter spent with my mothers side of the family.

Upon arrival, it was a little fobodeing do to my cousins seeming muteness. Its hard to get them talking on any manner of subjects. Awkward banter aside, dinner was something grand.

My uncle Bobs cooking surpasses even my fathers! He made an amazing pork roast that was juicy and full of flavor! It was acopanied by German green beans, which is green beans in onions bacon and vinegar, and accompanied by Yukon gold potatoes and my uncles own garlic bread he baked himself!

desert was some strange cake that I didn't care much for, but uncle Bob recanted us with some of his story's from his tour of duty in Vietnam over coffee. Why is it that all army storys involve a person built like a brick shit house named Moose? He also treated us to two pictures of himself back in Vietnam when he was 18.

After dinner we saw more pictures via power point presentation on my cousins Stephanie and Gina's visit to Mexico. It was a great evening spent with the cousins and I look forward to more spent with them!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still read these.

-Andrew

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home