Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Cubs Game

A rather cold evening to go to a Chicago Cubs game, but who can pass up free tickects and great seets? When I say great seets, I mean 9 rows behind the 3rd base dugout at Wrigley field!a For those of you reading this and have never been to Wrigley, thats practicly being on the field, your so damn close!

So who provided the great tickets? My brothers freind Bob. The same guy who invited me to the paintball game. Well Bob got these tickets from some regional director dude who was in town. Guess he had better plans. Wouldn't you know it, only the rich and powerfull get the best seets. Thats probably where that rivalry comes from with the Cubs/White Sox. Its complicated to explain but the real Cubs fans can't afford to go the games where as the rich guys who could care less can go all they want. Where as the White Sox always have good seets available, except durring the Cubs Vs White Sox, so any fan can go. That and Sox fans tend to be white trashy and Cubs fans tend to be yuppies. For some odd reason Sox fans despise Cubs fans "becuase their not baseball fans," Yet Cubs fans have no hard fealings towards white Sox fans. I could go on and on, and its all petty and stupid. just be a fan of Chicago, no divide.

I was supposed to work tonight, and it was a real chore trying to find Braden, the other bartender to work for me. Stupid Chad, the other, other bartender is a White Sox fan and was making it a payne in the ass for me to get off to go to the Cubs game. See that stupid Sox Vs Cubs shit can really make life anoying. So chad was being a real dick about the hole situation. after all the shifts I've covered for that bastard. Oh its OK that he gets this Friday off to go to a Sox game! Well long storuy short I found Braden, for all his lying is a stand up guy. He said he had to work his other job at the Express clothing store, which is total bullshit, becuaase he was all like "I'm just going to call and tell them I cant come into night and if they fire me, so be it." I know thats bull becuase he would never do that at Lonestar. And I find it highly questionable that he works there at all.

Jon and I both under dressed for the wether. So we ended up barowing hoodies from Bob. It was a rather chilly evening at the ball park. 38 degrees! I had a fun time at the game, even without drinking. Just sat and tried to enjoy the game. I even got into the spirit and cheared on the players. Athough I must admit, I haven't payed much attenion to this years roster, becuase all the players I am familar with (just like a good Cubs fan) don't seem to be on the team anymore? Here I thought Samy Sosa was the only one we got rid of last year.

Some how I have the uncany abillity to accidently whear the opposing teams game colors, no matter what sporting event I go to. The Cubs were playing against the Reds, and it just so happened I grabbed my red hat to whear to the game. Its just like the time I went to the Bears Vs Packers game and some how unbeknownst to me I managed to whear a green hat and a yellow sweatshirt (Greenbays colors) to the game. It wasn't till the end of the night that I finally relized why everyone was booing and giving me dirty looks.

Back to the cubs game, they lost in classic Cubs fasion. They were up 8 to 5 in the 5th and it seemed like they could have this one in the bag. The Reds were able to come back thanks to some major bungling in th e cubs outfield. Twice they dropped pop flys, that are garentied easy outs. From then on the fan momentom was down hill. The cubs lost 9-11. Oh well theres always the game tomarow to settle the score.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

The Cubs are still better than the Rockies.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home