Monday, April 18, 2005

Paintball Fun!

Yesterday I got a chance to go out and play paintball. It was part of my brother Jon's friend Bob's work get together thingy. It cost 60 bucks for a whole day of paintball tournament. I think I got shellshock from the whole experience.

Being a total noob to the paintball scene, I was in for a day of hard knocks. First off, I picked the wrong shoes to wear. I decided to go with my old worn out shoes, as not to muck up my new shoes.
Next time when I spend $10 on a pair of shoes at Kmart, I wont worry about destroying them. My leg muscles had already adjusted to the new shoes I have been wearing for the past two weeks (the muscles in my legs are very sensitive to change due to my flat footedness). So a day of running, jumping, and repeated squatting in improper foot wear led to some pretty horrible leg cramps today. so bad that it makes walking or even using my lower extremedys a very difficult and painful chore. I decided to put some Bengay on my legs to see if it would help. When I made the fatal mistake of rubbing some into my upper and inner thigh. What I didn't think of, was when I stood up and began to walk around, that the Bengay would rub off my inner thigh onto my junk. Oh what a hair raising experience that was! Nothing beets the feeling of your testes being on fire. My god, and this stuff doesn't like to wash off either. The only good part about the whole experience was that I was so consumed with my testicles being a fire, that for a few minutes I completely forgot about my leg pains! To top all that off, I had to work today, and not being able to walk can make my profession very difficult.

Back to Paintball, it was some great fun. The place we played at had some great courses. Most likely my leg pains were caused by or due to the fact that the entire park is built on an incline. All that walking up and down the hill really did a number on me. That and all the forest courses involved very uneven ground coupled with more steep inclines. One of my favorite course and games of the day involved a junkyard esqe layout, where both opposing teams had to take their flag across/through the other team to the other side. Well, my brothers friend Bob won both rounds for our team, BLOOD SQUAD RULES!

You would think that my hours logged playing Counter Strike would have groomed me to kick ass. Unfortunately I didn't enter into the equation that humans tire out rather quickly. I pride myself in being in relatively good shape too. But after a few good sprints while carrying a 15 pound paint gun that never shoots in the same direction twice because its a piece of shit rental, you get tired and sloppy. I managed to shoot a few on a couple occasions, but the other team cheated, a lot. My flanks never worked out in my favor either. Its hard to get a bunch of guys who really don't know eachother to devise a specific course of action, and commit to it. I took a few hits to the head (which hurts) and one to my finger tips (which really hurts). Thank god, I didn't take one to the ol frank and beans.

Pain aside, the whole experience was a great one. I always wanted to go paintballing and I finally had a chance too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

I didn't much like paintball the time I went. Laser tag is more my thing...basically the same without the risk and mess. I can definitely understand the shoe thing...I have some shallow arches and tend to get some foot problems (or ankle or knee) when I play tennis...or DDR.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home