Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Mothers Day

Well I must admit I'm not the greatest son in the world. I probably suck as a son, but like I say, "bad parents beget bad kids!" So sorry mom I suck at at being a good son. as a matter of fact I didn't do anything special for my mom. No card no gift no flowers no nothing, just a whole lot of lip. Which
was my fault and if I could take it back I would.

I was awoken around 1 pm by an all to familiar voice of my brothers friend Bob. when I emerged from my room I found him cleaning our kitchen! My brother Jon was sitting on the couch and Bob was wiping down the counter and clearing the table. All while my mother looked on telling Bob where to put things. Now my brother Jon tells me that Bob enjoys cleaning and he was deriving pleasure from it. Bob seemed perfectly content cleaning as he recanted us with tales from his Job.

Now Bobs cleaning for our own mother on mothers day as we looked on, made me feel a bit uneasy. As If he was indirectly saying your kids suck and I'm going to show them up by doing something nice for you. Well we do suck, so I would rather it not be rubbed in my own face. I had meant to clean the kitchen for mom but some how I found a game of Counter Strike to be a better option.

Well anyways I would like to send Bob a sincere thanks from the Cherecks for doing something my Mom has been bitching about wanting done for quite some time. I cant speak on behalf of my other siblings, because I have no idea if they sent a card or called, but I think we all appreciate your generosity.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

Well, I did cook lunch for my parents on Mother's Day...and I beat her at scrabble (I'm ruthless ;)) However, I gave her nothing that came at an expense. I was considering singing her the song Proud Of Your Boy by Clay Aiken...but allergies made my throat sore so that wasn't much of an option.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jon says....
HEY!! i helped a little. and i got mom some egg-foo-young.

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys make it such a burden for me to be the best child. I beleive I was the ONLY one that sent a card. Even baby boy Andrew didn't do that.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home