Monday, June 13, 2005

I Can't Catch A Break

With the lady's, life and the Cops. I went to St Charles with Alok to meet up with Becky. I don't know what those two got going on but she requested his presence. Anyways it was an uneventful evening. We walked along the Fox river in yet another glorious night, making our way to a bar called the Filling Station. Nothing much to speak of there either, except that the door man asked to see another form of ID. I wasn't in the greatest of spirits my frustrations with Becky is being compounded by my inadequacies in life, made my head hurt. I feel lost and depressed. I hate when I get depressed, because it makes me feel like drinking and smoking. And I know the last thing I want to do is go back to is that. Thank god for this blog, I really feel a lot better when I start to write things down. I digress

Anyways I wasn't the best of company but I managed to snap out of funk for a few minutes. On the way back to our cars Becky commented on beauty of the evening, where I was able to slip in my line I had worked out from yesterday. "That the beauty of the night was dwarfed by her presence!" I think this scored big points, and my clever comment even made her blush. Unfortunately any points scored there were lost in over time.

As we made our way to our cars, Alok decided he would step aside to "let us make out." There would be no make out. Hell, there wasn't even a hug good bye until Alok said "what? Becky, no hug?"

On the way home I was on a rant about Becky and something else when I got pulled over. Thank God I don't drink anymore, or I would have been in DUI country. The thing is, on this one stretch of road just outside downtown St Charles on north Ave, the speed limit is poorly placed and its 35mph as opposed for the rest of the road which is 45mps. I was doing 46 so I thought I was doing the limit. The officer asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I said I was doing 45, the speed limit. He said no the limit is 35 and he promptly asked where I was coming from. So with no reason to lie I told him the Filling Station. The odd part was the cop didn't even ask me if I had been drinking he just said I was going to get a ticket! Why do I keep getting tickets from all the asshole cops in the world. I figured he was giving me the ticket because I wasn't a DUI case and he felt stupid that he had to let me go, I always say that. I did nothing wrong, besides the obvious speeding, but it was a misunderstanding. This promptly sent me into another rant about the dipshit cop and how I should right a letter! Just my frustration with life resurfacing in another form.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

Hmm, getting pulled over even for 10 over is a bit cheap to begin with. But I guess it is like you said that he pulled you over for something else and didn't want to just give you a warning or something.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home