Monday, July 11, 2005

Meet The Parents!

Not the movie, but Becky's parents. I was invited to dinner last night at their beautiful home in Geneva. Now I have already met Becky's parents before. I worked with her mom at LoneStar for the past 5 years. Her dad I met once in passing, about three years ago.

Besides her parents, her aunt, cousin, and brother were there. I was a bit intimidated by them at first, but that didn't last long. There was something very odd, yet very familiar bout them all. I felt like I had known them all before we met. Now I know I had met her dad briefly before, but the whole situation just seemed........Very familiar. I don't know how to put it, It was an odd sense that swept over me, and I can't place it, but I was very comfortable with my surroundings, and it felt like I had known them all, all along. It was funny because at dinner they all had discussion about a there grandma that reflected something my brothers and I would say. It was like being with my family, only hers was better at being a family.

Although one conversation came up at the dinner table I didn't care much for. Becky's cousin is to be married to a guy who's relationship with her was almost broken up over Counter Strike! Ha, ha! I couldn't help but laugh to myself at this. I mean I have never herd of such a thing. Now not knowing the guy I don't know what kind of guy he is, but if hes the addicted to CS type I can generalize about him. I just thought it was very funny and Becky thought so to knowing my own addiction to the CS world. Although her cousin's said her fiance plays for 12 hour stints, which I have never done. She then went on to talk about how now he's hooked on Battlefield, which I had to correct her on by saying "no, hes playing BF2." I wish he was there I would have loved to been able to ask him what servers he plays on and what kind of rig hes got. I have yet to meet another computer gamer of my caliber, but then again I don't know if I want to. Even tho, I don't know why he would rather be playing a videogame then getting sex from his woman. Ever since I met Becky, I barely play anymore because I'm busy having way more fun with her. I'm not even getting any from her, go figure.

the conversation then turned to World of Warcraft. I decided it best to not chime in on this, I want to correct them and tell them all about how its an MMORPG, but I'll leave the computer game nerd stuff for a later time. Because at this point they started talking about how video games were bad and addictive.

After Diner and everyone had left it was just me and her mom and dad. I was very surprised to learn of certain similarities between her dad and I. Maybe they were superficial, but still. Chicks either go for dudes that remind them of their dads or the complete opposite. So this could be a good thing or a bad thing. Either way he is a really nice dad, and didn't intimidate me at all, even thou he knows I'm trying to bone his daughter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bondo said...

Well, spending time with her and not getting any is still a step above trying to get her to spend time with you. This one girl I'm pursuing at present basically said yes to a date but hasn't found time yet...I drop by about every week for karaoke at the bar she tends so I chat with her a bit, but so far no spending honest time with her. I think we might go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory once it is out.

4:00 PM  
Blogger TheLamaJon said...

I thought WoW was a mmosg. A stategy game. not an rpg. but then i've never actuall played it.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home