Thursday, August 25, 2005

Blogging From Panera

I just dropped off my order for my business cards, and I have never felt more uncertain about anything in my life. The disorder and chaos among the employees is a site to be seen. I was stuck at the front register for 15 minutes wile they tried to figure out how to ring me up. All does not fair well for the fate of my business cards. I hope they are completed before I go.

Anyways I took the opportunity to come to the Panera Bread (they have free WiFi) that lies a few feet from the Office Max to try out blogging on the go. Yesterday I tried the same thing but as fate would have it, I wouldn't be so lucky. Stupid computers! I couldn't connect to the web even though I could connect to Paneras network. So I got my older bro on the case to solve this dilemma. WE went Wardriving and found a unguarded access point just down the street.

It would turn out that the windows firewall combined with norton anti-virus didn't like the idea of hooking up to an unsecured network, so it wouldn't allow us to access the internet even though we had a connection. So in classic Jon fashion, he just junked em, through em out and walla problem solved. Then he went on and grabbed some free software which I'm familiar with, Sygate person firewall, spybot, and AVG. Works for me. So now that I know I can get on at free or unprotected access points, I should be all set to go and kick some ass from the road!

Hard to believe Ill be leaving in 10 days. Its almost here, I can't help but feel unprepared and not quite ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home